Hazardous substance stolen from uWaterloo students

May 25, 2009

Police are looking for 10 vials of sodium azide after they were stolen from a cooler at a research site along Grand River in Cambridge Ontario, where a group of University of Waterloo students were conducting water tests Saturday morning. The stolen substance can enter humans through skin contact, inhalation, and ingestion, and can cause low blood pressure, vomiting, and seizures, among other reactions. If left untreated, exposure to sodium azide can be fatal. Toronto Star